Pampers New Baby-Dry Nappies Review: My Personal Review

I recently applied to be a product tester for Pampers’ new Baby-Dry nappies through Mumsnet. It was a one-off opportunity and I just thought “why not?” I write enough and I used to be a software tester so it made sense.
I receive the nappies last week and thought I’d put my review on my blog as well as on the Mumsnet website where Pampers want me to.
This review is completely honest. I’m not getting paid by Pampers in anyway and I think I’m going to do something like this on a more regular basis.

Pampers New Baby-Dry Nappies Up to 12 Hours Dryness – Not Quite!

The advert and packaging show that there’s up to 12 hours dryness with the nappies. I tried the old Baby-Dry nappies and they were great for Kathryn’s night times. They held everything in from 7pm until 6am.
These ones aren’t that great. I’m not sure what Pampers have changed but it’s definitely not for the better. The first morning she woke up to leaking all the way up her back. She had the nappy on for about 11 hours as she usually would.
I put that down to a one-off, maybe she drank a lot during the night, and tried again the next night but the exact same thing happened. I didn’t even try a third time with the Pampers new Baby-Dry nappies – she’s back in Asda’s Little Angel nappies, which do last for the full 12 hours (sometimes more!).
For during the day, the Baby-Dry are great but I don’t want to have to buy two different types of nappies for the day and night. I used to do that when she was younger but stopped when she grew out of her size 3 overload that we had.

Great for Crawling Around In

At 10 months, Kathryn is finally starting to crawl. Well, I say finally but I was happily letting her be a little lazy monkey so I didn’t have to question where she was every minute of the day! Now that she is crawling, I need nappies that are going to hold while she goes off – unlike a pair of pants she was wearing and ended up around her ankles!
The Pampers new Baby-Dry nappies are great for that. They hold where they should without digging into her. There’s no marks left when changing and she doesn’t seem to complain about them. The nappies don’t leak when she’s moving around, which is great. If it wasn’t for the nighttimes, I’d consider buying them on a regular basis.

Value for Money? I Don’t Think So

I just don’t think the Pampers new Baby-Dry nappies give the best value for money. The fact that they don’t offer the 12 hours of dryness that she needs is the main reason for that. I like Pampers as a brand but I prefer to spend my money on the Asda Little Angels nappies. I’ve never had a leakage problem with them (apart from when there has been a very good reason) and they’re always at a price that I can afford.

Please note: This post was originally on Mummy and Baby Musings. It is still there at the moment and was published on May 13, 2013. That website is going to be closed down at the end of this month. While the rest of my posts are saved, this one is highly useful for everyone so I want it up constantly.

Comments

  1. ...there are diapers that DON'T leak all over during the night? Where do I find these magical diapers? *leans forward*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that Asda's own Little Angels nappies are perfect for the night. My daughter will wear one for the full 12 hours and only leak if she's drank a lot during the night, which is very very rare now. We used to put her in the next size up on a night when she was younger since they had more absorption and meant we didn't wake up with a soaked baby.

      Delete

Post a Comment