Moving to Canada Update: We Now Have Internet! It's Time for a Schedule


Yes, you've read the title right. In our move from the UK to Canada, the only thing that's was missing last week was the internet. I had to use the library.

Well, now we finally have it in place. It wasn't as easy as it should have been thought. The guy turned up for the installation first thing Monday morning. That would have been great if we had the modem! That had been shipped on Thursday and was supposed to be with us in time for the internet installation yesterday.

When it hadn't turned up by Monday, I checked the tracking for the modem and found out that someone had tried to deliver it. It was at the depot, without a card being left. It was just a good job I'd checked the tracking. By the time we got to the depot, they'd closed so it was a trip out today to pick it up.

All that is now out of the way and we can finally connected online in our own apartment. It's going to be so nice to work when I want to, rather than around the library opening hours.

I'm just trying to get through the work I'd planned for this week. From next week I can set up a schedule. I have blogs that I want to revive, a new blog that I want to start and various websites I contribute content to. I really need to get back on track with it all. With the hubby taking over my social media promotion stuff in most cases, I'll be able to focus on the writing. I can't wait!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on getting internet and make that bold of a move!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you finally got internet, but it sure sounds like you had to work for it! Best of luck getting your writing schedule set up, and settling back into work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny; the things that I expected to be difficult were easy and vice versa. I'm looking forward to now creating a schedule.

      Delete
  3. Moving always slows me down on working, I look forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it always has with me too. I'm glad that this move didn't slow me down too much.

      Delete
  4. Best of luck to you in your new move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good move! I think you will be happy there. All the best to sweet lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think so too. I just hope everyone else is. :)

      Delete
  6. Aren't you blessed to have hubby taking over social media promotion for you!?! If he gets bored and wants more to do, let me know. (Just being silly)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. Well, I'm doing some editing for him so it's fair between us ;) He hasn't taken over yet. Still trying to manage it all!

      Delete
  7. Glad you're back on line and getting settled in your new home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment