Why I Love Being a Work at Home Mom

I’ve recently quit my second job. Last year it was my most financially viable but the idea of going out to work just really didn’t sit right with me. I’m not really a people person, and I love my job as a freelance writer.

Being a work at home mom is fun. I get the best of both worlds: raising my children and working. Don’t get me wrong it is hard, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like it. In fact, the difficulty of it means that I feel really accomplished something when I’ve done it.

While getting the best of both worlds is a big reason to love being a work at home mom, there are other major reasons; reasons why I won’t quit this. Here they are:

1.       I’m there when my kids need me, without having to ask a boss for time off
2.       I get to choose when I work, so my kids know I’ll be there for them
3.       When they’re ill, there’s nobody I’m accountable to so I can get them and look after them without       worrying
4.       I am my own boss and have more control over my earnings
5.       Taking vacation time is a little easier
6.       Costs are lowered since I don’t need “work” clothes or take lunches or worry about commuting


Are you a work at home mom or dad? What do you love about it or is it something you want to step away from?

Image: nenetus/FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Comments

  1. I'm neither a mom nor dad, but I'm looking to work from home because I'm so sick of office culture, and because it'll mean I won't have to quit a job in the UK and faff with visa/work permits/job hunting when I move to the States. And if I get bored by lunchtime I can just sack it off and go for a beer :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment