Even the Best Laid Out Plans Don't Quite Work Out


Well, I've had four days where I've been able to work without the kids around...and each day hasn't quite worked out. Why did I even think they would?

It hasn't helped that I've come down with what I originally thought was some stupid cold. Now it's turned into what seems like a chest infection. I'm going to give it the weekend and see how it improves. It's really put me off, though. Friday I didn't do any work at all because I felt at my worst. I knew I could play catch up today, but I've really struggled with that! I've almost done it, though; done enough to leave now until Monday.

What's also not helping is we still have a lot of things to do for the move. I spent Thursday running around in between writing for my daughters and getting other things done, while my husband sorted out some of the stuff for packing. Today I've ended up going through books with my husband for all the ones we're keeping and those we're donating. I've also had to get the car washed and pictures taken to help sell that!

I'm also struggling to get out of the mindset that I'm the primary caregiver for my children now. I've spent almost four years running around after one of them. To suddenly go to the secondary parent is really difficult--and for both of us, since I'm the one that knows all the routines. I've really struggled to step back and not act when I've heard the baby crying for something.

Well, one good thing did happen today. My Canadian passport has come through, so I can now fly out on it and not have any problems. I was really worried that it wouldn't get to us in time, despite applying for it 8 weeks ago. I really panicked when I heard that the consulate had only just contacted my references last week to check my identity! I expected that to happen before the passport was processed and made up!

Hopefully next week will go a little more to plan. There's so much that I need to catch up on with other sites, but I can only manage so much. I'm getting frustrated with myself that I'm not doing as much as I should be doing, but even the best laid out plans don't quite work out.

Comments