June Blogging Goals: Setting Up the Start of the Month

It’s that time of the month again. I actually can’t believe we’re into the six month of the year!
Setting blogging goals is something that I highly recommend my mentees. It’s also something that I usually do regularly. But I’ve slipped from it for a while, partially due to the move and partially before for a while my writing wasn’t my main priority.

So, now I’m getting back into goal setting and I’ll start with my June blogging goals.

They’re really simple to start with, as I have so much still going on this month. I’ve worked out how many writing days I have left for the month. I know I’ll be without internet from around June 25, and that will be the weekend we will be moving the last of our stuff. It’s really important that I stop work from then for a couple of weeks.

That will give me time to get settled into our new place and find my bearings. It’ll also give us time to get some internet sorted in our new apartment.

Right now I’ve had a $100 a day goal, but I’m going to increase that for June. The goal will be $120 per day. An extra $20 a day isn’t going to be too hard to meet, but it will help to make up losing four writing days at the end of the month. I’m also losing Friday, Saturday and half of Monday at the end of this week into the start of next week.

I’ll also be writing five days a week from next week. That will help to increase my earnings to allow me to have two weeks where I don’t need to worry.

Right now, my goal is to complete the client work that I’ll have set for the days I’m working. I’m in control of those deadlines, which is really useful. I also want to do:
  • 3-4 posts a day for Inquisitr
  • 1-2 posts a day for Blasting News
  • All history posts and Game of Thrones recaps for The Daily Voice News
  • A blog post a day
  • A YouTube video a day

Hopefully this will help to keep things going in the run up to some much needed and deserved time off, so I can spend some time with the family.


What are your June blogging goals? Do you have anything in particular that you need to work towards? Feel free to share in the comments below.

Comments

  1. I have not set any goals for this month. I have to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just found setting goals and making myself accountable to them has really helped me move forward in my writing :)

      Delete
  2. Super goals, hope you make them! I haven't set goals, I just wing it! LOL But I do try to write a blog a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've found that I need the goals. They really help to push me from day to day.

      Delete

Post a Comment