Entertainment Weekly Shared My Article on Their Facebook Page!

I don’t often shout about my writing accomplishments. Maybe I should, but I’ve got to be honest that sometimes I suffer from a lack of confidence when it comes to writing.

That has happened recently with a few problems on one particular writing gig. I’ve ended up finding more clients, only to either not hear from them or find out that the positions have already been filled. So, I’ve been feeling a little fed up.

That changed today. At the start of this month, I started writing at Hidden Remote. I’ve really enjoyed some of the freedom for the posts but also for the support from the editors. When they’re had something negative to say about my writing, it’s been in a really constructive way. They’d always said it to help me improve and I really appreciate that.

Every week the editors also share links to some of the best content shared that week. Two of my posts have been shared in the emails so far. And that’s not the best of it! Today, I found out that Entertainment Weekly has chosen one of my posts about The Vampire Diaries to share on their Facebook page! Just how awesome is that? I didn’t have to do anything, because the editors took care of it all for me.

It’s meant my post has gone viral, but it also means that I get more exposure. And my confidence in my writing has really skyrocketed. I can’t wait to write more on Hidden Remote and it’s given me the boost I needed to work towards a pitch for Comic Book Resources and Screen Rant.


I just had to share this because there’s something for others to take away from it. We are our own worst critics. We’ll keep putting ourselves down but we can grow, learn and adapt. We are good enough to get our content out there, but we need to believe in ourselves. If we don’t, why should someone else believe in us?

Comments

  1. That;s a big CONGRATULATIONS to you. Well deserved I'm sure. Wishing you continued success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! and Very Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right Alexandria-- we all suffer from a lack of confidence some times, especially when we go on and on and seem to never be validated--hurray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment