My Writing Goals for the Month: A Quick Snapshot to Expand

I’ve spent the last few days thinking about my writing goals for October. Off the back of two 30 Day Blogging Challenges, I’ve made the decision that I want to change a few plans that I had in the summer.

Over the last month, I realized that I didn’t want to blog daily in the weight loss niche anymore. I like it but I don’t like it enough. The blog is no longer what I initially set it up as and I don’t like what it has become that much. I actually found the last week of blogging really hard. And I haven’t seen the benefits from it at all.

But that doesn’t mean I’m going to stop blogging daily. In October I have two blogs that I want to focus on. The first is the blog that I was going to focus on during the month anyway: my student blog. I’ll be blogging daily at Student Survival Tips, sharing the posts in various Facebook groups. One of those groups will be in the Ultimate Blogging Challenge group.

That’s right, I’m going back to the UBC group because it’s time to focus on it again.

I’ll also be sharing in the Ultra Blogging Challenge. It’s been a very long time since I’ve even visited that group and it’s time that I changed that.

Last month I said that I was close to setting up the new site. This has been available for the last week or so and there is some new content on it. But I want to spend October and beyond growing it.

For the 30 Day Challenge, I’ll be focusing on Cheeky Monkey Gifts. It’s not all going to be about selling. I have a lot of ideas for the site but I need to get it off the ground. That’s what October will be about.

I’ve already got my diary planned out for the blog posts. There are also reminders for recaps on TV shows for some of the news sites I write for and some client work already in the diary. October is already setting up to be a busy month.

This is just a brief overlook at my writing goals, and I’ll be finalizing them week by week and share them in the Writer’s Accountability group and on my Facebook pages when I have them ready.


What are your writing goals for October?

Comments

  1. My October goal is the same as it is every month - find enough time to write everything I have saved as a 'draft' in my head! Not going to happen though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe in SMART goals--setting something that is specific and realistic. If I had that goal I know I'd never make it. I'd always add more to the list so it would be never ending.

      Delete

Post a Comment