The Benefits of Having a Personal Blog

I've spoken a lot recently about having a niche for each of your blogs. But I do believe in having one personal blog. This is the place to get all your thoughts down, and write about all the topics that truly interest you.

This is exactly what this blog is. It's my personal space to share what I think, what I know, and what I need to get off my chest. Some could say it's a diary of sorts, but I still try to turn my personal posts into something useful for others to read.

There are many benefits to having a personal blog. Here are a few that I find having this one:


  • I have somewhere to go when I just need to get some content out that I don't have a blog for.
  • There's a place to go that is welcoming just for me to write.
  • I don't have to worry too much about the content being perfect for business readers/individuals looking for specific content.
  • There's somewhere to update people on where I am with blogging and my life (for those who are interested).
  • I can link back to other topics on other blogs if the posts would suit the current blog post here.
  • There's an element of freedom.
I could really go on. In the end, this is my space. The personal blog is for me. I'm not worried about making money on it. I just want a space that is free for me to write. And it's why I continue to keep it on Blogger.com, when there are so many people saying to move it somewhere else or pay for my own domain. I have my own domain sites. They're for my niche sites that are there for others and to build my online income. That's not what this blog is all about.

Do you have a personal blog. One that is more for your own needs rather than building an audience to make money with your content?

Comments