What I Want to Get Out of My Blogs

On Monday, I shared the tip to choose what you want to get out of your blog. This will help with the creation of content and making sure you get the right message to your target audience.

With all that in mind, I thought it would be worth sharing what I want to get out of my blogs. I have multiple blogs and a few other ideas that I'd like to create in the future. Right now, I'm going to work on the blogs that I currently have running.

I'll break this down blog by blog.

Alexandria-Ingham.com: This is my main website for my writing. It's dedicated to helping to mentor other writers, so the blog part of the site needs to focus on that. This is why I share all sorts of writing tips for bloggers and those who want to make writing their career.

HireAFreelanceBlogger.co.uk: This is the second main website and focused on attracting clients. It's all about getting people to choose me as their blogger for hire. The blog part of the website focuses on reasons for hiring a blogger and steps to take to find the right one.

I had to make some changes to these two sites a few years ago. I noticed that the blog that I was offering tips to other writers to was on a site dedicated for finding clients. It gave the wrong message. So I split the two sites up and now make sure the blogs are focused on the right target audiences.

StudentSurvivalTips.co.uk: As a university student, I wished there was a site that I could go to for help with budgeting, making money, time management, and everything else involved in being a student. That's why I initially got the idea for this website. I even talked it through with a few friends before getting the domain name and creating content.

The target audience is a mixture for this, as the student topic is so broad. There's a section for parents of students, parents who are students, full-time students, and even online students. There's also bits for students before and after university.

This site is in desperate need of an upgrade, so I'll be working on that next year.

LoseWeightWithAlex.Blogspot.ca: My weight loss blog is actually my oldest blog. It's not really my passion anymore but I am keeping it alive on a weekly basis. I share regular tips to help other people lose weight and keep it off. Really, it's there for me as a way to document my weight loss journey.

CheekyMonkeyGifts.co.uk: When this site was originally set up, the aim was to have a site for my husband and I to create products to sell. That changed this year. It's now a site for affiliate marketing. I'll find products that I love or recommend and then promote them to other people.

It's in the early stages right now, but I want a site that is a resource for places to buy products for all needs.

FanNews.co.uk: This is more of my husband's pet project rather than mine. It's a site dedicated to all things that fans are interested in. Right now it's focused on TV shows and movies, but there is the thought to focus on sports in the near future.

Right now, I just don't have the time for this site. As some of the others grow further, I'll have more time for this one. I do want to have a site that is all about the fans of various shows.

As for this blog right here, I want a place that I can come with thoughts and feelings. This is mainly for my benefit and not to make money on it. While I say that niches are important, that doesn't mean you shouldn't have a place to write that is just for you--or mostly for you.

That's a look at my blogs and what I want to get out of them. Take a look at yours and work out what you want to get out of yours.

Comments

  1. I am glad you know what you want out of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way your blogs are sharply focused to a specific audience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The specific audience focus has been my aim for almost five years now.

      Delete
  3. You have to be a full time blogger! That is a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of work, but yes, I do this full time. It's why I can pick up a new website and grow it fairly quickly. That doesn't mean I wouldn't benefit from a few more hours in the day or need a few less hours sleep at night, though!

      Delete

Post a Comment