Not Happy With Your Life? It's Time to Make Some Changes

Are you not happy with your life? Maybe you're fed up of being unemployed or you hate being stuck in the same town that you grew up in.



I know lots of people who spend their time complaining about their lives on Facebook or in blogs. They focus on all the negatives instead of taking steps to make changes. Complaining isn't going to do anything for you. What you need to do is find ways to improve your life; find ways to get rid of the negativity.

I'm not saying that this is going to be easy. Nor am I saying I'm perfect. But I made a decision a few years to stop complaining about anything and everything going on to people on Facebook. It wasn't getting me anywhere. I still had the same problems and same annoyances years later. There was no money in the savings account and no extra work coming in to help boost my income. I didn't really love where I was living and my life wasn't what I'd expected it to be 10 years earlier.

So I made some changes


The only thing I could do was take action.The only option I had was to make changes that would help to improve my life.

When I was unemployed, I started searching for ways to make money from home. Okay, so working from home isn't great for everyone, but it was an option for me. It's also a decision that I have never regretted--although, I have found it annoying when it comes to financial institutions deciding being self-employed isn't steady enough...like having a job is!

After complaining about financial problems, I realized that only I (well, my husband and I) could make a few changes to help that. We reviewed our spending and started making a budget that we could stick to. Sure enough, money was put aside for needs. It's at the point now where we have a few hundred pounds for Christmas and New Year, so we don't have to worry about finding the money or me taking some time off.

When I didn't have extra work, I took a step to market myself again. I can't just expect it to fall into my life.

When my husband wasn't happy with his work, he talked to me about it. We looked at our options and decided to make an international move: something we'd been talking about for so long but it never looked likely. No, this isn't an option for everyone but there are other changes you can make.

Make a start by not complaining


Now it's time for you to make some changes. Only you can help improve your life. With the year coming to an end, this is the perfect time to look back at your year (or years!) and work out where you need to make some changes. Why not put a plan in action so that by this time next year you're in a happier place?

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be? Now think about how you can make that possible. You may be surprised by the answers you get!

Comments