What Are You Thankful For?

It's Thanksgiving this week in the United States. In Canada, we celebrated Thanksgiving back in October but that doesn't mean I can't think about what I'm thankful for this week.

For me, I'm thankful for the decision to move internationally this year. I've been able to focus on my business but also get it in a way that I can spend more time with my family. I'm making more money but working fewer hours. Okay, last month I was working longer but a slight change to my method of working has meant I'm finishing at a realistic time. I was even able to go walking round the park last night to pick pine cones with my elder daughter--and had been able to give her a definite yes when she came home asking for that after school, instead of a maybe!

The move has also meant my husband is home. We made the decision that he would take a year out to be with the girls more, but it's also meant that we're together more. We're not both shattered by the time he gets home from work, and end up vegging out in front of the TV. We can take trips away as a family and actually explore our new home.

Even if it wasn't Thanksgiving, it's always worth thinking about what you're thankful for. Try to do it on a weekly basis or even a daily basis.

Someone once recommended that we start the day thinking of 10 things that we're thankful for. Do this every day and start the day with some positivity.

So, what are you thankful for? Share in the comments below and let's focus on something good for the day.

Comments